We are back in Port Angeles, at the dadd's house, repacking for the next leg of our journey. I finally got my camera back (a new one, actually) after it went in the saltwater and died in Hawaii- so now I can take sweet photos again. There has been a crazy thermal inversion here in PA, and so the mountains have been incredible. Monday, we all went up on Hurricane Ridge- at the house in town it was below freezing, with frost on the roads, but once up on the mountain a few thousand feet, the temperature was in the 50s! (hot air rising, cold air falling, the low on the mountain the night before was 49, while in town it froze). Anyways, warm air and sunshine= corn/spring skiing, so of course I thought of Patrick. Then I checked his blog and he had the same corn in Kodiak, nice. Third reason this entry is dedicated to Patrick (1- camera, 2- corn) is that Rose made a comment about how I was dressed this day- wearing fancy pants and the wool shirt- "hey, you are all Saltonstall-ed out today- hehee"

My dad took his skis, Rose and Laura snowshoed, and I just hiked/slid.

My saltonstalled out self...
2 comments:
Woohooo - and it actually looks like you got more snow than we do. We had such a bad pineapple express (bringing us the warm air you experienced in Hawaii) that it got into the 50's in Anchorage and Fairbanks. Funnily enough it never got above 43 here, but it did toast our snow.
Like the pants, and I'm loving the camera. It takes pretty darn good movies too.
Patrick
I just realized that I got Thomas' snowshoes in my barn! Peter had had them and left them with me for safekeeping. Patrick
Post a Comment